Friday 15 May 2009

purple cat nightmares


"Erratic" is the word I was looking for, but which my scrambled brain failed to remember for at least the last ten minutes. That word is exactly the term I needed to describe my sleeping pattern of late.

Near enough every night I have been up until well past 2 o'clock in the morning, and have then tried to go to bed, feeling sufficiently exhausted, only to just lie there, head buzzing with thoughts and ideas, failing miserably to fall asleep.

Every night, in those early quiet hours, you can find me here at, or not too far away from my trusted laptop. I'm still building my web shop and it's slowly starting to take shape. The shelves still need a lot of filling up, some of the legal nitty gritty, like terms and conditions needs sorting out, but the layout and design are more or less in place.

Normally, I'm mostly typing in values, text, etc.., one eye on the PC, and another on the big fat manual. Last night however, it all got a bit more exciting (you are about to find out how pathetically unexciting my little life really is...). All these products have to be photographed in order to show potential customers what they look like, and that is exactly what I did last night.

You should have seen it! The makeshift photographic studio of the year was constructed : One length of white satin and a few pegs; the satin is to be attached to the extraction fan, using aforementioned pegs, making sure that the top is sufficiently gathered. Drop down length of satin, in front of cooker, where a strategically placed ironing board serves as a shelf. The "shelf", a.k.a. the ironing board, needs to be covered with the satin as it comes down, so to create a continuous flow of fabric, moving from vertical to horizontal position in one flowing sweep. Then you collect the uplighter/reading lamp combo from the sitting room, and places it to the left side in front of the arrangement of shelf and backdrop. It is very important that great care is taken when pointing the "reading lamp" spotlight, at the arrangement. In the depths of my store room I still had a slightly lopsided adjustaform bust. However, she is a rather offensive shade of purple, and her "legs" (metal stand) have been lost a long time ago. All was resolved using a polo neck jumper of Little Haggis and by perching her on the "shelf". As soon as this set-up had been put together, I discovered the next problem: the whole point of dragging the bust out, was that I had scarves to photograph. It turned out though, that the neck on the bust was much too short, in fact it was almost non-existent. After a few moments of rummaging around the storage cupboard, I found just the thing: a white ceramic plant pot, just about "neck-sized", carefully placed upside down on the little stomp of neck of Mrs. Adjustaform. So there we go, the set up completed, I could finally get going.

After lots of clicking and zooming, I finally managed to successfully put about 12 different designs of scarf in the picture!

The results are now available to see at www.purplecatbycindy.com. You don't know how pleased I feel with the progress of my site. All I need now is visitors, and of course for some of them to like the site and its contents enough to become a customer...

Here's hoping.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your internet shop. I do hope things go well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...
    The shop website is only getting off the ground very very slowly. Getting found by the search engines seems to be pretty hard too. I have been assured though that, as traffic goes up, my ranking will too...

    ReplyDelete