Saturday 14 March 2009

The WHAT??? (Mantyhose)


http://o.aolcdn.com/art/gat/asylum/3/1/mantyhose.html

Just visualise this: Beloved-6ft2, 16stone, hairy teddy bear-, in his morning routine struggle to get into his newly acquired "Mantyhose"!

It just doesn't bear thinking about. Mornings are bad enough when it comes to try and persuade him to actually "match" a tie to his shirt and trousers. It begs the question of how he would manage to add in to the equation a pair of patterned tights? The word "clown" springs to mind.

The next question is: What happens to all that lovely man-hair?
Is it acceptable to wear a very furry version of the Mantyhose?
Or do we submit our poor other halves to yet another chore of shaving, namely their legs?
(please please please say NO... I've shared my bed with a cyclist, and I can tell you, feeling a stubbly leg brushing against yours is neither pleasant, nor sexy!)

I'm sure Robin Hood looked very fetching in his tights, but something tells me that he would have baulked at these.

Somehow I just can't see it happening in this household, not any day soon anyway, unless they invent steel re-enforced toe-ends. The current situation is that Beloved manages to get something ladder-like (i.e. a great big hole around the toe area that tends to run upwards in a thin ladder-like shape) in his THICK SOCKS on a 2 daily basis, so how on earth he would cope with man-tights, God only knows.

And all the practicalities aside... Could you see your kids being taught the very serious subject of maths by a man strutting the latest fashionably patterned "Mantyhose"?

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed reading your blog today. I too saw many similarities between Petite Anglaise and myself (though not the living in a different country one) in the same way I also see similarities between us. Subjects which are always hard to touch upon, you have been very candid in this blog and its proved interesting for me to discover that other people have gone through those emotions and circumstances. I look forward to reading more. Vic

    ReplyDelete